Sunday, November 7, 2010

Graduate School Application

Grad School: School of Visual Arts
Location: 209 East 23 Street, NY, NY 10010
My interest: This school has a history of great artists and a range of professors. I would like to try living in New York for a period of my life. After looking over the faculty, I was more excited about attending. I have no intention of going to graduate school immediately after undergraduate but I could see myself going to SVA. I like that many of the other students in the Photography, Digital Photography MFA programs make very conceptual artwork. I am more driven to create conceptually sound work and this school seems to encourage this type of work.

Elinor Carucci- Professor at School of Visual Arts
Bio from SVA website:

EDUCATION: BFA, Photography – Bezalel Academy of Arts and Design, Jerusalem, Israel

REPRESENTED BY: Art 2 Commerce, Edwynn Houk Gallery, New York

ONE-PERSON EXHIBITIONS INCLUDE: Fifty One Fine Art Photography, Antwerp’ Photographers’ Gallery, London; Gagosian Gallery, London; Fotografie Forum, Frankfurt; Edwynn Houk Gallery

GROUP EXHIBITIONS INCLUDE: Israel Museum, Jerusalem; Brooklyn Museum; Cooper-Hewitt, National Design Museum

PUBLICATIONS INCLUDE: The New Yorker, Photo District News, The New York Times Magazine, Newsweek, W, Details

AWARDS AND HONORS INCLUDE: Ruttenberg Award, Buhl Foundation; Friends of Photography; John Simon Guggenheim Memorial Foundation Fellowship; Infinity Award, International Center of Photography; Memorial Foundation for Jewish Culture

Work:



pain #8, 2003


Eden Crying #3, 2006

Adam Ryder- MFA student at SVA
Bio:
As a photographer/digital artist/craftsperson living in New York, I'm currently attending the School of Visual Arts pursuant of an MFA in Photography, Video and Related Media. My recent work since beginning my graduate education has focused on concepts relating to architecture, urban planning, futurism and speculative fiction. I have a professional background in advanced digital imaging and printing, teaching, and art-handling,
untitled, 2010

untitled, 2010






No comments:

Post a Comment