Thursday, November 11, 2010

Idea Post #10: perspective

1.
a : the technique or process of representing on a plane or curved surface the spatial relation of objects as they might appear to the eye; specifically : representation in a drawing or painting of parallel lines as converging in order to give the illusion of depth and distance b : a picture in perspective
2
a : the interrelation in which a subject or its parts are mentally viewed perspective>; also : point of view

I've been thinking about perspective in my photographs and how to differ it to create different feelings. Most of the photographs I've been taking are on the ground and my camera either in line with the characters or looking down on the characters. This week I shot images that are outdoors and from many different perspectives. I am wondering how the tilted view is helping my work. Now instead of being on the same level with the characters you are looking up at them. This puts emphasis on the characters themselves and lowers the viewer to be lower than them. I am curious about how the characters grow larger based on changing perspective. I think that its interesting to have a piece of paper loom over you. Not only that, but printed on the paper is a young girl or boy. I am interested in what I can do with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment